PEM® SMTSK™ keyhole standoffs permanently surface mount on printed circuit boards to enable quick attachment and removal of stacked components without requiring screws or tools. If a totally permanent attachment is required a single threaded SMTSO threaded standoff can be used. This means that only a single screw needs to be used to securely mount the panel. This reduces both assembly and disassembly time.
The standoffs are supplied on tape & reel compatible with existing SMT automated installation equipment & will mount in the same manner & at the same time as other surface mount components prior to the automated reflow solder process, promoting streamlined production & “screwless” designs of subassemblies.
How the new PEM® SMTSK™ standoffs can improve your processes:
- PEM® SMTSK™ standoffs are designed so that a PC board or panel can be quickly slipped into place & then removed from an assembly by simply sliding the board sideways & lifting it off.
- These standoffs mount on PC Boards in the same manner & at the same time as other surface mount components prior to the automated reflow solder process.
- They reduce loose screws within your assembly processes.
- They help reduce scrap, handling & risk of board damage.
- Their unique barrel design allows for quick attachment & detachment.
- They make horizontal or vertical component mounting possible.
- Provided on tape & reel compatible with existing SMT automated installation equipment.
These standoffs will effectively serve to attach & space components using minimal hardware & fewer assembly operations.
PEM SMTSK standoffs are manufactured from carbon steel & available in unified lengths .125”, 250,” & .375” & in metric lengths 3mm, 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, and 10mm. They will install successfully in boards as thin as .060” & 1.53mm.
These standoffs are the latest addition to the complete line of PEM® ReelFast® surface mounted fasteners, which also include other non-threaded and threaded standoffs, standard & micro nuts, right-angle fasteners, & captive panel screws. To view our full SMT range click here
- Industrial Machinery
- Furniture Manufacturing
- HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning)
- Sheetmetal Fabrication
Discussing how the new SMTSK™ standoffs from PEM will reduce Zygology customers’ assembly time, Sales Manager Richard Avery said, “The benefits customers saw first-hand from ReelFast® fasteners proved to be an industry game changer & the new PEM® SMTSK™ standoffs will continue to offer the benefits of PEM® SMT to a wider range of applications.”
If you’d like to find out more & discover how the new PEM® SMTSK™ standoffs can increase your productivity, get in touch with our friendly team of experts today on 0808 123 1221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Zygology Ltd
With 40 years’ of experience Zygology is the country's main distributor for Penn Engineering and the largest distributor for Southco and POP Avdel in the UK. We are also the UK distribution hub for MasterFix fasteners and tooling. Zygology has also recently been appointed as an official distributor for Tesa assembly adhesive tapes. We have in-house repair facilities for POP Avdel and MasterFix tools. Zygology Ltd has an in depth knowledge of the products we sell and how they can be best incorporated into yours. We will always give the best advice we can - even if this sometimes means that we end up recommending a competing technology. We combine friendly service with competitive prices and excellent stock availability.