tesa® 64912 is a double-sided adhesive tape consisting of a conformable black PE foam backing and a LSE adhesive. With a thickness of 1.2 mm, it is suitable for mounting sensor brackets onto bumpers, e.g. for PDC, as well as small decorative exterior and interior trims.
The LSE adhesive features a high initial adhesion to LSE clear coats and LSE plastics like PP and PP/EPDM, and MSE plastics like ABS and PC without using primer. It reaches ultimate peel adhesion level right after application. Additionally, it even provides near to ultimate performance at an application temperature as low as 5°C. The impressive cold shock performance results from the damping properties of the PE foam backing even at temperatures below -40°C.
Due to its high conformability, the tape ensures a good wet out and secure bonding also on uneven surfaces and compensates for design tolerances. The PE foam backing also provides non-sticky edges resulting in excellent converting properties, e.g. for die cutting. Additionally, the tape combines high cohesive strength with a comparatively low density contributing positively to a low weight design.
LSE: low surface energy
MSE: medium surface energy
- High initial adhesion to LSE and MSE surfaces without primer
- Near to ultimate peel adhesion level right after application
- Good performance at an application temperature as low as 5°C
- Conformable foam backing to compensate design tolerances or uneven surfaces
- Reliable performance at higher temperatures
- Excellent converting properties
tesa® 64912 is suitable for mounting a wide range of small exterior and interior trims and parts. To ensure the highest performance possible, our aim is to fully understand your application (including the substrates involved) in order to provide the right product recommendation.
Example applications are:
- Sensor brackets onto bumper, e.g. for PDC
- Small decorative exterior and interior trims
- Lettering like single letters for classification of car models or engine data