The system, the RoboTape System, is said to provide an improved way to apply 3M tapes precisely for high-volume applications at production speeds that aren't achievable with manual tape application.
- Pre-configured and optimised for a variety of 3M VHB tapes
- Includes an unwind stand capable of zero-downtime spool changes, a patent-pending feed system and a lightweight applicator head
- Flexible design that can be integrated on to small or large industrial robots or cobots
- Adjustable for foam, felt and attachment tapes.
- Utilising level wound rolls of 3M VHB Tape to achieve extended run times and minimize material handling.
"At 3M, we are focused on helping our customers improve bonding accuracy and outcomes wherever they are in their automation journey and this system is another step forward for industrial manufacturing," said Chris Goralski, president of 3M's Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division.